When interviewing candidates interviewers will want to make sure they asking the right questions to select the right person for the job. The consequences of making a wrong decision in the hiring process are costly, time consuming and can be damaging to your business and brand.
Interviewers also have an obligation to ensure that successful candidates are appointed on merit and as a result of fair, transparent and best practice selection and interview processes.
This training workshop gives participants the knowledge and skills to conduct effective Competency Based or Behavioural interviews.
During the workshop participants will:
- Evaluate and analyse job assessment and selection criteria to determine the key skills and behaviours required to succeed within the role.
- Identifyand construct questions to test the required competencies.
- Gain experience of conducting a structured competency interview, using effective questioning and probing techniques.
- In the case of panel interviews, understand the role of the Chairperson of the interview panel.
- Identify the indicators of good and bad performance by candidates.
- Analyse and interpret candidate scoring matrices and determine what works best for their business requirements.
- Understand the impact of the relevant Data Protection and Equal Opportunities legislation on interviewing, note taking and giving feedback to candidates
- Become aware of how unconscious bias can affect the and influence interviewer’s perception of candidates
- Learn how to deliver post interview feedback.
The course content can be tailored to one-to-one or panel interview scenarios.
What does it cost?
Contact us to discuss your requirements